This week, you can party ‘til the sun goes down—which, actually, will be quite a long time!
Every year, Anchorage residents get together to celebrate the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. The Downtown 2014 Summer Solstice Festival will offer a variety of exciting, family-friendly activities and events. At the Summer Solstice Festival, you can:
- Eat great food from some of the city’s best food vendors
- Enjoy live entertainment, playing on several stages throughout the event
- Watch The Hero Games, a friendly competition between the city’s first responders that features relays and bucket brigades
- Cheer on talented teens showcasing their skateboard skills at the Teen Pro Skateboarding Demo
- Take your kids to enjoy the Children’s Rainbow Factory, a kid’s area that includes puppet shows, a giant sandbox, and a kayak pool
The Summer Solstice will take place on June 21 on 4th Avenue between C and L Streets. The festivities start at 12 p.m. and end at 6 p.m.
The sun doesn’t set for another six hours after the festival ends, however, so the fun doesn’t have to stop then. Consider spending the rest of the day enjoying downtown Anchorage: talk a walk, stop in for a bite to eat at one of the city’s best restaurants, or hit up the shops.
From everyone at Kelley & Canterbury LLC, enjoy this year’s summer solstice!